Tuesday, 26 August
Interactive Panel Sessions
Morning: Converting Technology Into Dollars
8:25 AM–12:05 PM | Mile High 4 D/E/F | Included with registration
Moderator: Doug Valleau, Director Unconventional Tech Onshore, Hess Corporation
Shy of two decades since the Barnett shale became a commercial reality for Mitchell, we are still coming up with new innovative ways to “unlock the rock” from its precious hydrocarbons. While offshore conventional reservoirs have been producing over 50 years and every day we come up with new innovative ways to improve our recovery efficiencies in those systems, we are still in stages of infancy when it comes to understanding tight reservoirs.
This distinguished panel will explore how top-tier organizations lead the way by rapidly improving and deploying unconventional resource technologies and incorporating new learnings across their organizations.
- 8:25 a.m. - Introductory Remarks
- 8:30 a.m. - D. Nathan Meehan, Senior Executive Advisor, Baker Hughes Inc.
- 8:45 a.m. - Bob Hardage, Senior Research Scientist, Bureau of Economic Geology
- 9:00 a.m. - Mark Sonnenfeld, Vice President Geosciences, Whiting Petroleum
- 9:15 a.m. - Dennis Degner, Director of Operations, Range Resources
- 9:30 a.m. - Jeff Meisenhelder, Vice President, Unconventional Resources, Schlumberger
- 9:45 a.m. - Refreshment Break
- 10:25 a.m. - Michael Ming, General Manager Oil & Gas Technology Center, GE Global Research
- 10:40 a.m. - Interactive Panel Q & A
- 11:20 a.m. - Audience Q & A
Afternoon: Water Management and the Link to License to Operate
1:45 PM–3:05 PM | Mile High 4 D/E/F | Included with registration
Moderator: Andrew Wharton, General Manager HSSE, BG Group
The use of technology to improve the efficiency of how water is transported and used in unconventional resources development is, and will increasingly be, critical to the future of the unconventional hydrocarbon resources industry. Demonstrating continuous improvement in water management will lead to an increase in operational performance and help ensure water is appropriately managed to meet industry needs as well as the needs of other stakeholders. “License to Operate” is the broad recognition, on the part of stakeholders in each place where unconventional resource development may occur, that this development is legitimate and brings a positive contribution to all concerned.
The panel will cover examples of where technology advances in water management are improving the way water is transported and used, and how this in turn can help the unconventional hydrocarbon resources industry demonstrate its “license to operate” to a range of stakeholders.
- 1:45 p.m. - Introductory Remarks
- 1:50 p.m. - Pete Miller Water Resources Manager, Range Resources
- 2:00 p.m. - Brent Jones, Principal, ENVIRON
- 2:10 p.m. - Stephen Jester, Senior Principal Environmental Engineer, ConocoPhillips
- 2:20 p.m. - Interactive Panel Q & A
- 2:45 p.m. - Audience Q & A
Afternoon: Emerging International Plays
3:45 PM–5:05 PM | Mile High 4 D/E/F | Included with registration
Moderator: Luis Baez, North America Exploration Manager, BG Group
The development of onshore unconventional resources in North America has shifted the future of U.S. natural gas and oil supplies and has dramatically changed the game in domestic exploration, drilling and production for decades to come. The question is if this will have the same effect globally. How do we effectively transport the skills sets we have acquired to the international scene?
As little as we know about the potential of these global unconventional plays, we need to answer what will be the most effective and commercially attractive ways to unlock these reservoirs. This expert panel will share their experiences, strategies and key challenges to achieving these goals to present on plays from Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Australia.
- 3:45 p.m. - Introductory Remarks
- 3:50 p.m. - Brian Gratto, Manager, Unconventional Resource Exploration, Saudi Aramco
- 4:00 p.m. - Andrew Quarles, Technical Director, Cuadrilla Resources
- 4:10 p.m. - Ray Johnson Jr., Principal, Unconventional Reservoir Solutions
- 4:20 p.m. - Mark Smithard, Vice President Business Development, Chevron
- 4:30 p.m. - Interactive Panel Q & A
- 4:50 p.m. - Audience Q & A