Opening Plenary Session
Using Science and Integrated Technologies to Develop Unconventional Plays
||Monday, 25 August
||8:30 AM–12:00 PM
||Mile High Ballroom 1 & 2
||Included with registration
||Richard D. Fritz, Senior Geologist, SM Energy Company
The kick-off Plenary Session will feature an exceptional panel of subject matter experts from the industry — one that represents the breadth and diversity of SPE, AAPG and SEG — that will frame up the opportunities and the issues and challenges that must be addressed before returns can be maximized in this new integrated space.
- Robert N. Ryan Jr., Vice President - Global Exploration, Chevron Upstream
- Brad Holly, Vice President Rockies, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Scott Key, Chief Executive Officer, IHS
- Jay Ottoson, President and Chief Operating Officer, SM Energy
- Tom Petrie, President, Petrie Partners
- W. F. “Rick” Bott Jr., President and Chief Operating Officer, Continental Resources
This session will set the stage for a URTeC Technical Program that explores in detail how multidisciplinary integration can lead to state-of-the-art breakthroughs, pragmatic prospecting and assessment tools, and optimized development and value creation. In recognition of the father of natural gas shale drilling, George Mitchell, a brief highlight of the video tribute honoring George and his work history will be shown at the end of the session. The full video may be viewed in the exhibition hall.