Wednesday Morning ePaper
Theme 1: Regional Case Studies I: It Starts With the Rock
Exhibition Hall, Station A | 9:30 a.m.–10:20 a.m.
Co-Chairs: P. M. Basinski and F. Arasteh
- 9:30 Anticosti Island, Quebec: Compelling Data for Deep Fairway Utica-Equivalent Oil: J. Marcil, P. K. Dorrins, J. Lavoie, N. Mechti (Junex)
- 9:55 The Upper Bakken Shale Resource Play, Williston Basin: S. Sonnenberg (Colorado School of Mines)
Theme 2: Reservoir Types: Shales, Sands and Carbonates
Exhibition Hall, Station B | 9:30 a.m.–10:20 a.m.
Co-Chairs: D. N. Valleau and J. O’Brien
- 9:30 Reconstruction of Shale Based on Dual-Region Strategy and Very Fast Simulated Annealing Algorithm: M. Zou, W. Sui, X. Wang, S. Zhang (China University of Petroleum Beijing)
Theme 3: Characterizing Mudrocks With NMR
Exhibition Hall, Station C | 9:30 a.m.–11:10 a.m.
Co-Chairs: H. Daigle and T. Olson
- 9:30 Porosity Evaluation of Shales Using NMR Secular Relaxation: H. Daigle, A. Johnson, J. P. Gips, M. Sharma (University of Texas at Austin)
- 9:55 Characterization of Free and Bound Fluids in Hydrocarbon Bearing Shales Using NMR and Py GC-MS: J. P. Gips, H. Daigle, M. Sharma (University of Texas-Austin)
- 10:20 Porosity and Pore Size Distribution in Mudrocks: A Comparative Study for Haynesville, Niobrara, Monterey and Eastern European Silurian Formations: M. Saidian, L. J. Godinez, S. Rivera, M. Prasad (Colorado School of Mines)
- 10:45 Characterization of Shale Oil Rocks Using Retort and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance: B. Zhang, J. Chen (Baker Hughes)
Theme 5: Enhanced Oil Recovery Techniques
Exhibition Hall, Station A | 10:20 a.m.–11:10 a.m.
Co-Chairs: M. Ahmadi and T. Hoffman
- 10:20 Viscosity-Stabilized, High-Temperature, Low-Loading Fracturing Fluids in Hard Water: L. Li, Q. Qu, H. Sun, J. Zhou (Baker Hughes)
- 10:45 Chemically Induced Pressure Pulse to Increase Stimulated Reservoir Volume in Unconventional Reservoirs: A. Al-Nakhli, H. Abass (Saudi Aramco)
Theme 5: Evaluating Stimulation Effectiveness
Exhibition Hall, Station A | 11:35 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Co-Chairs: F. Arasteh and R. Fulks
- 11:35 Simulation of Multiple-Stage Fracturing in Quasibrittle Shale Formations Using Pore Pressure Cohesive Zone Model: M. Haddad, K. Sepehrnoori (The University of Texas at Austin)
Theme 9: Reserves Forecasting and Estimation
Exhibition Hall, Station B | 10:20 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Co-Chairs: L. Baez and T. Collier
- 10:20 Uncertainty in Quantification and Ranking of Stock Tank Oil Initially in Place (STOIIP) in OA Field, Niger Delta: O. A. Ehinola, O. Akinbodewa (University of Ibadan)
- 10:45 A New Method for Leak Detection in Gas Pipelines: K. Ling, J. He (University of North Dakota)
- 11:10 Optimizing CBM PSC Exploration Wells for POD and Reserves Booking Using GIS Spatial Method, Case Study: South Sumatera Field, Indonesia: F. S. Drajat, B. Sinaga, W. Adrian (PT PERTAMINA)
- 11:35 Using Technology to Avoid Trespass Liability Based on Subsurface Intrusions of Hydraulic Fractures: A. Dahi Taleghani, K. Hall* (Louisiana State University)
Theme 11: Emerging Plays I: Roadway From Ideas to Sweetspots
Exhibition Hall, Station C | 11:10 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Co-Chairs: B. Driskill and J. Bell
11:10 Vaca Muerta Formation: An Example of Shale Heterogeneities
Controlling Hydrocarbon Accumulations: L. P. Stinco, S. P. Barredo
(ITBA - UBA)
11:35 The Codell Sandstone Resource Play of the Northern Denver
Basin: S. Sonnenberg (Colorado School of Mines)