An invaluable commitment from industry
URTeC was developed with an industry advisory group — professionals managing how wells are drilled and how plays are developed every day. Representatives from Anadarko, Apache, Chesapeake, ConocoPhillips, Devon, ExxonMobil-XTO, Schlumberger, Shell, SM Energy, Statoil and others spoke about the importance of geologists, geophysicists, engineers and business managers working together — and understanding each other. They encouraged SPE, AAPG and SEG to collaborate on URTeC to facilitate that learning and understanding.
URTeC’s objectives are to:
- provide a high-quality and peer-reviewed science and technology experience
- create a premier forum for technical exchange between vendors and users
- identify and solve E&P problems
- raise the competency of all petroleum professionals
- elevate the image of petroleum professionals and the societies in all communities
An Industry Advisory Committee will oversee the design, planning and development of URTeC to ensure it meets the needs of your technical staff, as well as the expectations of your business and the industry at large.
- Collectively, SPE, SEG and AAPG members exceed 170,000 professionals in more than 120 countries
- The three societies review and publish thousands of presentations annually, fueling the most comprehensive collections of E&P technical resources anywhere
- SPE, SEG and AAPG already partner in highly successful events (OTC, IPTC)
- The interdisciplinary program committee comprises engineers, geophysicists, and geologists